No matter whether you’re a leader, entrepreneur, parent or financier, worry isn’t productive or beneficial.
Actually, fretting is quite detrimental to our efficiency and health. It’s a trap that stalls us and keeps us from fulfilling our potential and divine calling. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy as negativity dominates and impedes success: closing of deals, mentoring, goal setting, or gaining financial stability.
What Does Anxiety Do For You Anyway?
- Worry Accomplishes Nothing. Worry, anxiety, and constant fretting doesn’t produce the great effect we desire. Instead, they actually reduce our effectiveness. Our time, energy and focus on worrisome possibilities rob us of using those same personal resources toward accomplishing our purpose and calling.
- Worry Destroys Health. A constant state of anxiety causes stress that is told by the lines on our face, the tone in our voice, our negative attitude, and our lack of joy. Living with stress, which I define as the lack of control in inevitable circumstances, is killing us physically and emotionally.
- Worry Removes Potential. Fretting, questioning everything, and mistrusting everyone is a sign of weakness. It makes us unfit for action and removes our ability to make wise decisions. Our struggles cause us to spiral in ineffectiveness.
So, how can we beat worry and become a winning warrior?
Don’t Worry. Be a Warrior.
A warrior fights. He uses strategy, smarts, and obedience to complete his master’s mission. He gives all his strength and effort in order to succeed. In complete faith of the master’s plan, he obeys and leaves the battle results to his master. Worry has no place in a warrior.
People of faith also have a mission and a plan with no place for worry’s trap. We are forbidden from being restless, filled with anxiety and confusion. Jesus said, “So do not worry, saying ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?'” (Matt. 6:31). We simply must not worry about these things because he has plans for us (Jer. 29:11).
To beat worry, it’s critical to know the secret of living in peace in the midst of hectic work and life demands. And that secret is to keep obeying and fighting toward the good we know and trust God to work out the rest. The results aren’t really in our control anyway. We must trust God and have faith in his plan. To equip the warrior in you for the battles to come, I’ve curated some peace-giving, faith-instilling, and courage-infused words.
- Trust God, not yourself (Prov 3:5-6)
- Don’t be anxious, instead pray (Phil 4:6-7)
- Don’t be afraid (Pr. 3:25)
- Anxiety weighs you down, a good word makes you glad (Pr. !2:25)
- Pain can’t compare to the joy that is coming (Rm 8:18)
- Don’t fear, God is with you and will help you (Is. 41:10)
- Cast cares on God because he cares for you (1 Pet 5:7)
- Be strong and courageous for God is with you and will not leave you (Deut. 31:6)
- When afraid, trust in God (Ps. 56:3)
- Rejoice in hope, be patient, and pray always (Rom. 12:12)
Question: What keeps you from being anxious? How do you conquer worrying? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
JUST A MINUTE
Become the best you in business and life. Sign up for "A Guaranteed Way to Have the Best Year Ever."