Unpacking the Pastor’s Workload: 7 Tips for Women to Help Out
All hands on deck! The job is big and the pastor can’t do it alone. Women can help unpack the pastor’s workload and make a powerful impact in the lives of those in the community and the church. As I mentioned in the previous post, Partnership with Pastors, I have a desire to help the ministries of the church be effective in their mission. The following is part two of that post and lists seven tips for women ministering to women. Ladies, you can do this.
- Realize you have something to offer. A listening ear. Wise counsel. Party planning. Training expertise. Organizational skills. Bake and Take friendship talent. You can always offer relationship to women who need relationships.
- Pray for a discovery of where you can help both in the community and in the church.
- Look for opportunities to serve women by determining their needs
- Communicate your availability and interest in helping your pastor reach the women of the church and community. Be sure to express your intentions of strengthening the church and families.
- Ask the leadership, pastor, or women’s ministry leader, what needs they see and how your skills and talents can help meet those needs.
- Learn the skills necessary to become more useable. Be teachable and always adapting to changes.
- Believe that God can use you to make a difference in the lives of others. No task is too small to make an impact, nor too big for you to do your part.
You can make a difference. With so many needs in our communities and churches, you have a great opportunity to assist life change by joining others and partnering with pastors.
* photo from www.jrscience.wcp.muohio.edu.
Please contribute your comment below. I’d love to know about your interest in ministry and leadership.
This is part of the Insights into Ministry & Leadership Series. If you enjoyed it you may also like the Living and Working on Mission Series, the Spiritual Journey’s Gentle Nudges Series or the other Blog Series.
JUST A MINUTE
Become the best you in business and life. Sign up for "A Guaranteed Way to Have the Best Year Ever."